This year marks RoadPeaces’ 30th Anniversary as the national charity for road crash victims, providing vital support and information to victims across the country, as well as campaigning for change to improve justice for crash victims and reduce road danger.
As part of this big milestone, we have 30 places in this year’s RideLondon, a closed-road bike ride that is often a highlight of the year for cyclists across the county, and we would be delighted if you could join us!
Whether it’s joining individually or putting a team together, we’d love it if you could help us raise much needed funds to support road crash victims, as well as raise awareness that 5 people die on our roads every day.
- When – Sunday 29th May 2022
- Where – London, riding out into Essex and back – route details tbc
- How Long – 100miles – traffic-free closed roads
- More details can be found at the RideLondon website
Riding for RoadPeace – what you’ll get
- A branded RoadPeace cycle jersey
- Support with setting up your fundraising page (if needed)
- promotion on our social media channels and website
- access to training and endurance riding tips
- access to our Strava group to share hints, tips and rides with other cyclists
- Fundraising resources including t-shirts, branded items such as pens and stickers, and flyers
- Depending on numbers, access to training rides put on by RoadPeace HQ
How to #RideforRoadPeace
- put together a team of up to 5 friends/colleagues/family members. You can also enter individually if you’d like
- email Simon Faulkner on firstname.lastname@example.org to let him know you’d like to take part, and he’ll send you more information, including how register, set up fundraising pages and key deadlines
- as places are limited, we ask for a £50 entry fee per person to reserve your place
- we are asking all participants to aim for a £500 fundraising target, to collectively raise £15k as part of RideLondon
We hope you are as excited by this opportunity as we are, and looking forward to seeing you out on the road!
Updated on: 31 January 2022