The personal data we collect about you
The personal information we may collect may include the following:
- Your name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Information about pages you visit on our website and when
- IP address
For those that use our support services we may also collect sensitive data to ensure your health and wellbeing. This may include:
- Date of birth
- GP details
- Medical history
- Crash details (e.g. victim name, age, location of crash, date of crash, crash circumstances)
If you make an online donation to us, your card information is not held by us. It is collected by a third-party payment processor who is committed to the secure online capture and processing of all card transactions.
How is data collected
RoadPeace will collect information about you when you communicate and interact with us. This will include information you provide us when you contact us about our support services, register for membership, make a donation or fundraise for us, visit our website, sign up for our monthly e-news or our events, apply to become a volunteer, or submit an application for one of our job vacancies.
How we use your data
In order for RoadPeace to provide you with the best possible service we may use the information you provide in a variety of ways. They include:
- Providing you with information or support services that you request or that we feel may be of interest to you
- Seeking your views or comments about services we provide
- Handling and thanking you for a donation you have made
- Providing you with information or support regarding any fundraising events you participate in for RoadPeace
- Updating you about changes to our services
- Handling a volunteer or job application
- We may collect anonymised details about visitors to our website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details that we collect for these purpose
We regularly review how long we hold your personal information and will not hold this any longer than necessary.
We will only ever use your information for the purpose for which it was provided.
The legal basis that we rely on for processing your information will depend on the circumstances in which it is being collected and used. In most cases it will fall into the following categories:
- Where you have provided your consent for us to use your data in the way that we have explained.
- Where we need to process your information to carry out our legal obligations, such as processing gift aid
- Where the processing is necessary to carry out the performance of a contract, such as processing a donation
- Where we have a legitimate reason to process your information for example, providing you with information that we feel would be of interest to you, would be reasonably expected, and not intrusive. For example, if you have recently participated in RoadPeace event, we may feel that you would be interested in a similar event in the future. We may, therefore, send this information to you by post, or contact you by telephone. You can ask us to stop providing you with this information at any time.
We invest in the appropriate resources to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthrotised access, modification and disclosure. We ensure we manage it in accordance with our legal responsibilities under applicable data protection laws.
However, please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to us, no transmission over the internet, including email, can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the internet to us. Once we receive your information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. All the information you provide to us is stored on our secure server.
Who has access to your information?
There may be some third parties that we need to share personal information with to help us provide services to you including the following:
- Any entities who may, or do, acquire any rights in us in a merger, acquisition or reorganisation
- Our advisors, in order to help us better manage, support or develop our organisation and comply with legal and regulatory obligations
- Any service providers who need to know certain information to provide you (or us) with a service – such as our volunteers or facilitators (consent will be obtained before this is done)
- Our partners including, for example, event organisers we work with
- Law enforcement bodies and/or regulatory entities, to comply with any legal obligation or court order
We will always take steps to ensure that your privacy continues to be protected.
You have the right to:
- Ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time and how we use it
- Ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge
- Change your communication preferences at any time
- Ask us to remove your personal information from our records at any time
- Request an electronic copy of your personal information to be sent to you
- Raise a concern or complaint about how your personal information is being used
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details specified above. However, if you wish to unsubscribe from e-mail communications that we send you, you can most easily do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our e-news or any campaign e-mail we have sent to you.
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Questions and complaints