Our vision is for a world where road danger is not tolerated and where road crash victims receive justice and compassion.
We exist to support and empower those bereaved and injured by road crashes and their families; to improve the justice system’s post-crash response and to spare future generations from preventable death and injury. As a membership charity, we put victims at the heart of our work, equipping them to support other victims, campaign for change and shape RoadPeace’s work. Our work for and with victims centres around:
- Supporting victims to cope with their trauma, through emotional and peer support
- Remembering those who have been killed or seriously injured in road crashes by organising acts of remembrance; offering support and solidarity to the bereaved and highlighting the devastating toll of road death
- Empowering victims with information and helping them to achieve justice
- Campaigning for reform of the justice system, so that it is fairer for victims and reduces road danger
- Challenging society’s complacency towards risk on our roads