We campaign for an improved post-crash response and to reduce the danger on our roads through tackling bad driving and promoting safer streets.
We work on behalf of our members towards a safer and fairer road environment.
- reducing the risk of death or injury on the roads to that of any other day to day activity
- reducing the fear and intimidation experienced as a result of bad driving
- protecting vulnerable road users by ensuring that motor vehicle owners and drivers have a greater duty of care.
- ensuring that road crash victims receive the same rights and support services as other victims of crime and trauma
- making road death and injury a public health priority - it is the leading cause of death for young people aged between 5-40
- ensuring crime, negligence and anti-social behaviour with motor vehicles incurs the same response by the justice sector as other forms of crime
This vision requires significant changes in the way that we as a Society respond to road crashes, and also requires adopting a road danger reduction approach to road safety.