Fundraising Support and Resources
Don't be put off by the thought of raising sponsorship money - here are some ideas that will help make it easier for you.
- Tell people what a difference they will make: Be ready to tell people how their donation or sponsorship money will be used and how they will be directly helping others (link). Personalise your story
- Set up an online fundraising page, and have a target: RoadPeace is registered with several sites but BT MyDonate is the one with the lowest fees and the site we recommend our fundraisers use. Whatever site you choose to use, online fundraising sites are excellent tools for organising, publicising and collecting money. You can create your own dedicated page to send to friends, family and colleagues and it’s easy to include pictures and messages. It is also a secure and easy-to-use way for people to sponsor or donate money, including GiftAid, and links directly to RoadPeace which means that you don’t have to spend time collecting and chasing up money.
- Don’t forget Gift Aid!: Most UK tax payers can add GiftAid to their donation. Currently this will add an extra 25p for every £1 that you raise. More information is available on http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/charities/gift-aid.htm or download the RoadPeace Gift Aid form.
- Ask your employer: match funding may be available.
- Sponsorship forms: It can be useful to have sponsorship forms available for people to sign for those who are not online. You will need to collect the money and send to the RoadPeace office. Cheques should be made payable to RoadPeace.
- To let others know that you are raising money for RoadPeace, we have lots of materials to help including
- running shirts & vests
- Ask, ask and ask again: use social media email and face to face to ask people to support you. Try friends, family, colleagues, neighbours and your local community. Ask your local pub or café if you can put out a sponsorship form or collection tin.